240105a Potamogeton perfoliatus subsp. perfoliatus
Northern Iceland: Rare
Northern Fennoscandia: Present only in the Borderline Arctic
Kanin - Pechora: Scattered
Polar Ural - Novaya Zemlya: Scattered
Yamal - Gydan: Rare
Taimyr - Severnaya Zemlya: Rare
Yana - Kolyma: Rare
Eastern Greenland: Rare
Shrub Tundra: Scattered
Bordering boreal or alpine areas: Frequent
(1) 26 (2x). - Far East (N). - Probatova and Sokolovskaya (1984c).
(2) ca. 40. - Far East (N). - Probatova and Sokolovskaya (1984c). See note.
(3) ca. 48. - Europe (C). - Wisniewska (1931); Tischler (1934). See note.
(4) 52 (4x). - Europe. - Several reports.
(5) 78 (6x). - Europe (N), Far East (N). - Arohonka (1982); Probatova and Sokolovskaya (1986).
The reports of 2n = ca. 40 and ca. 48 may be of aneuploid, inexact counts, or the ca. 40 may represent a triploid (2n = 39). The reports of hexaploids (2n = 78) are reliable, so there are at least two ploidy levels, probably three.
Not included: An old report of 2n = 14 (n = 7) from Japan (Takusagawa 1939).
Geography: European - Asian: ICE RUS SIB GRL.
Notes: In Norway, Potamogeton perfoliatus approaches the Arctic but does not reach it.
- Potamogeton perfoliatus [240105,species]