290101 Allium strictum Schrad.
Taimyr - Severnaya Zemlya: Present only in the Borderline Arctic
Kharaulakh: Present only in the Borderline Arctic
Shrub Tundra: Present only in the Borderline Arctic
Bordering boreal or alpine areas: Frequent
- Schrad., Hort. Gott. 7: 1 (1809). Described from Siberia.
(1) 16 (2x). - Siberia, Asia (C). - At least five reports.
(2) 32 (4x). - Russia (N), Siberia, Asia (C), Far East. - Several reports.
(3) 40 (5x). - Siberia. - Friesen (1986).
(4) 48 (6x). - Europe (C, E), Siberia, Asia (C), Far East (N). - Numerous reports.
Geography: European - Asian: (SIB).
Notes: Allium strictum reaches the Borderline Arctic in Taimyr and Kharaulakh in Siberia (Friesen 1987).
Stearn (1980) included A. strictum in A. lineare L. Justification for accepting two species, in addition to differences in morphology and geographical range, is that A. lineare s. str. is diploid (2n = 16), whereas A. strictum mostly has been reported as polyploid. The reports of diploids indicated above need some critical evaluation. Allium strictum s. lat. is polymorphic and considered by many Russian authors to be composed of several species (see, e.g., Friesen 1987, 1988).
- Allium [2901,genus]